Lycopene has inspired and challenged us for over twenty years—it was the carotenoid we started with and the one we keep coming back to, year after year, as we learn more about this incredible phytonutrient and the way it benefits our wellbeing from the womb to our twilight years.
Because of lycopene we established our own approach to vertical integration, which we like to call holistic production. From the seeds of our carefully cultivated tomatoes to the seeds of our scientific and creative thinking, the way we share our lycopene with the world is truly unique and the result of our commitment to quality. Discover our seal and how it represents our core values here.
Certified Kosher (OU)
Certified Halal (IFANCA)
Standardized from Tomatoes
Acceptable for Use in Dietary Supplements
GRAS for Food and Beverage Use
Even a little bit can go a long way.
The human body can't produce lycopene on its own, so getting it through our diets is essential. Supplementation can help ensure that we're getting the carotenoid on a regular basis. There is a different recommended dosage depending on the desired effect—check out the numbers below.
We are always working to expand our family of products. Check back frequently to see what’s new.
A slice of life.
Food is at the center of some of our favorite memories. Cooking, sharing a meal, and even gardening brings people closer together every day. We made a video in honor of one of our favorite foods, the tomato, to show that sometimes the simplest things have the biggest impact.
See the science.
Take a look at a few of our favorite studies involving lycopene.
- Mordente A, Guantario B, Meucci E, Silvestrini A, Lombardi E, Martorana GE, Giardina B, Böhm V. Lycopene and cardiovascular diseases: an update. Curr Med Chem. 2011;18(8):1146-1163.
- Devaraj, S., Mathur, S., Basu, A., Aung, H. H., Vasu, V. T., Meyers, S., and Jialal, I. A dose-response study on the effects of purified lycopene supplementation on biomarkers of oxidative stress. J.Am.Coll.Nutr. 2008;27(2):267-273.
- Lee J, Jiang S, Levine N, Watson RR. Carotenoid supplementation reduces erythema in human skin after simulated solar radiation exposure. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 2000;223:170-4.
- Aust O, Stahl W, Sies H, et al. Supplementation with tomato-based products increases lycopene, phytofluene, and phytoene levels in human serum and protects against UV-light-induced erythema. Int J Vitam Nutr Res 2005;75:54-60.
- Sies H, Stahl W. Nutritional protection against skin damage from sunlight. Annu Rev Nutr 2004;24:173-200 [review].
- Sies H, Stahl W. Carotenoids and UV protection. Photochem Photobiol Sci 2004;3:749-52 [review].
- Cardinault N, Abalain JH, Sairafi B, et al. Lycopene but not lutein nor zeaxanthin decreases in serum and lipoproteins in age-related macular degeneration patients. Clin Chim Acta. 2005;357(1):34-42.
- Mackinnon ES1, Rao AV, Josse RG, Rao LG. Supplementation with the antioxidant lycopene significantly decreases oxidative stress parameters and the bone resorption marker N-telopeptide of type I collagen in postmenopausal women. Osteoporos Int. 2011 Apr;22(4):1091-101.
This is a promise.
When you add a new product to your portfolio, or bring one into your home, you want to believe that it's not only safe and effective but that it was made with the utmost care and precision. But believing isn't the same as knowing, and that's why we created our seal.
This symbol is a manifestation of our commitment to supplying the highest-quality carotenoid and nutrient blends to you and your consumers. It is a beacon of excellence, a clear indication that our ingredients have been carefully cultivated, studied, and proven through years of research and innovation. More importantly, this badge is a rallying cry, an invitation to join a movement that puts wellness first and forever sidelines compromise.
Are you ready to join our revolution? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.